Today I am thinking about deadlines. It’s the last day of October, so we really only have five weeks left of fall semester! As much as I like grad school, I’m actually quite eager to be done with it. Maybe it’s because this has been a very long week, but I could use a break. It’s been raining all day and the only thing I wanted was to make some tea, curl up in bed, and catch up with a good book.
Here are some things I want to cross off my list:
- Waiting to hear back on my conference proposal for the Bobcatsss Conference in Barcelona. I know, right?!
- Holding a meeting to decide on the venue, theme, and food choices for the GSLIS Annual Holiday Party.
- Working on my LibGuide for Reference. I decided to write a topic guide for Chicago cyclists.
- Tying up loose ends for the Chicago library field trip. Namely, identifying downtown lunch spots.
- Creating a database in MySQL for a class. My partner and I choose to model our database on dog-show data. It involved some pretty adorable research.
- Reviewing the revised materials for the Computer 101 class for the Urbana Public Library. Once a month, the library asks volunteers to deliver one-on-one computer instruction to interested users. There are plans to change the format, but no one has really taken the lead. I’m hoping to get to it this week!
- Applying for a job in Michigan! I finally read a job posting that I felt qualified for!
Since it’s late in the evening, I think I’m going to forgo the rest of my responsibilities and watch Seinfeld instead. Take that, grad school.